An American Fantasy


7:00 a.m.
1/2 liter of Syntha-6 protein shake
with almond milk

12:00 p.m.
Weight training

1:00 p.m.
Kale salad with cantaloupe and chicken breast

6:00 p.m.
Another helping of Syntha-6
and a egg white and spinach omelette

10:00 p.m.
Pass out in a hunger-induced slumber.

     There was a time when I thought Exterface's "Picnic Warriors" set was absolutely disgusting.  Big Macs.  Analingus.  French Fries.  Finger fucking.  Something rubbed me really wrong about the mixture of oral sex and hamburgers.  I've always found this collection a little gross.

That was until I began dieting.

     Since I've been eating clean and working out five days a week, I've been so damn hungry!  Nowadays, seeing images of physically fit men binging on fast food and dessert arouses me.  Seeing commercials sexy surfers eating hamburgers on the beach...  Kim Kardashian rolling around in her lingerie while chewing on some Carl Jr's...  If only I could fool myself into believing these people actually eat this shit.

It's the American fantasy:
We love the notion of beautiful, gluttonous gods.
    

"Picnic Warriors" by Exterface


    

2 comments:

DAYUM said...

This american way of fooding is totally crazy... especially for the not Americans. It's like a kind of suicide !
PS / Have you received "the mask" ?

Forbidden Light said...

I have always wondered how other nations viewed our gluttonous ways... Whenever I see the vast difference between our serving sizes and those of other cultures, I feel a bit ashamed.

BTW: I have received the mask AND I LOVE IT! I am so impressed that you have a piece like that in your possession. It says a lot to me when someone collects intriguing pieces of art.

P.S. I sent you some "art" of a different sort...

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails